Our Dance School
What makes DMSD different than other dance schools in our area?
Actually, there are a number of things, such as:
- Deborah Messinger School of Dance offers qualified, professional dance instruction in a family-oriented, warm, loving, fun atmosphere for boys and girls ages 2 yrs through adult. Plus, we offer classes for "just walking toddlers" to 2.5 yrs in our "Mommy & Me" classes where the children participate with an adult family member.
- We offer children's combination classes such as "Ballet/Tap/Tumbling" for our young ones, and many "back-to-back" classes for our older students, so they can get a sampling of several forms of dance in order to see what they'll really like.
- We allow parents to observe classes whenever they wish. Each classroom is designed with viewing windows and we have a parent/student lounge area as well.
- We offer classes for beginners through advanced dancers in classes as well as private instruction. Our classes are designed for students who come to us for fun, exercise and recreation, as well as for the serious, career-minded dance student.
- Students are offered at least two opportunities each year to perform on stage if they wish. But, performing is not required.
- We offer the option of becoming a "performing group" and "competitive" dancer if they have the interest.
- Ask us about a discount if you take multiple classes, or enroll a sibling. We even give special discount rates to parents of our students who wish to take one of our adult classes!
- We offer BOGO - bring a friend who signs up and receive a credit toward your own dance classes.
- We have a low student-teacher ratio. If a children's class gets large, we have a classroom assistant for the teacher.
- We have injury-preventing sprung floating wood floors in our classrooms. No dancing on tile or cement here!
- Our teachers are all very loving & positive people who love what they do.